An Open Letter to my readers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

For a little over a year now, I have been sharing information, opinions and analysis on the wireless industry. It has been a passionate initiative that has brought together my interest in wireless, my analytical skills and my writing abilities to propagate what I am committed to - Impact through information.

I perennially think of topics that will benefit my readers. As I look to expand the scope of my blog and its coverage, I would like help from you, my readers.

My first request to you - Ask me questions. One of the first rules to get the right information is to ask the right questions. Active debate on this blog or mail exchanges, in turn, help me present new information in a lucid and logical analysis. I have a 'contact me' that will help you ask me questions in private. Of course, you can also ask them as blog comments. In either case, keep those questions coming!

My second request to you - send me a note if you find anything that you think would be relevant to the contents in this blog. You are also welcome to point me to any disruptive technology that you think deserves my attention.

My third request to you - point out my errors if you see any. I am of the view that receptiveness to constructive criticism is the best way to improve. So feel free to point fingers at me if you find anything wrong in this site. After all, it is the content in this site that has generated the credibility. I do not want to compromise on its quality, least of all by being closed to suggestions.

Finally, if you wish to contribute as a guest on my blog, you can contact me here. I welcome diverse opinions and analysis on the wireless/technology industry which do not necessarily have to resonate with mine.

Keep reading. Keep contributing. Together, we can get a better understanding of this complex industry and its value chain.

Posted by Vijay Nagarajan at 10:00 PM  

5 comments:

I enjoy reading your blog. Your blog provide a fair and unbiased view of the industry. As an engineer in one the company you always mention in the blog, I learn more on the competition in the industry

Anonymous said...
May 29, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

Good blog. Keep it going.

Anonymous said...
May 30, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

Dude, Investor Business Daily is reporting that Marvell has the 3g iPhone chip design win. You got to discuss this scenario and the Marvell resurgence.
http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/080530/tech01.html?.v=1

Anonymous said...
May 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Vijay,

I enjoy reading your blog. Your insights and understanding of wireless technology are very helpful.

One subject that I'd like to learn more about is the prospects for Long Term Evolution (LTE) 4G. It appears that major telecoms are ramping up significant R&D $/projects on LTE. Will LTE have an impact and if so how many years before its widely deployed? Another topic that interests me is the future of femtocells. Telecoms are now testing the use of base stations for home/business use. What's your take on future prospects for femtocells? Huge, moderate or just a blip on the radar?

And for more immediate discussion ... Infineon clearly shook things up a bit with their May 29 statement re lower than expected orders for an "unidentified project to supply chips for high-speed Internet phones." Did Infineon lose Samsung or Apple? Inquiring minds want to know :) LOL.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Dan Butterfield
Editor, iPhonAsia
http://idannyb.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Thanks for your comments. I will come up with an iPhone-related article soon that addressed Marvell and Infineon.

Dan, I guess you read my mind on femtocells. I have started coverage on it and you will see some posts later this month. As for LTE, I think I have nuggets of information in the archives. I will try to compile them into a post later.

Thanks,
Vijay

Vijay Nagarajan said...
June 1, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment